
Greetings from the Gutierrez's!
Monday morning. 11:40 a.m. Before the crazy breaks out and I venture out into the minus 10-degree wind chill and low-mercury thermometer-reads. It's freezing here!! Last time we went out of town we headed to flip flop and t-shirt weather in Florida. Here? We wear eskimo suits and cuddle together in igloos.
And as if we should have been surprised, Anna caught Gabe's Nasty Nasty, with the chest congestion, coughing, red watery eyes, and runny nose. We ran a cold mist humidifier in the room last night, elevated her mattress, spread a little menthol/eucalyptus on her nose and chest, and she slept 'til 10 a.m. this morning. She is up, feeling a little better, and we are keeping an eye on her temp, which currently rests at a normal 98.6. Thank goodness.
This morning Manny was holding her while she was figuring out how to blow bubbles with all of her extra saliva. She was having fun with the bubbling, and Manny said to her, "Look, you're 4 1/2 months old and already your learning how to make lemonade out of lemons." Even after her coughing fits she ends with them smiling, like, "Yes! That's over!"
Well, off to get her Part II of Breakfast. Can you believe it's 3 days 'til Christmas? We can just feel the spirit in the air!!
3 comments:
Hope she feels better and I am glad your visit is going well. Love the pics. Tell your everyone hi
Don't worry Ilsa- I am taking good care of them- and keeping an eye on this nasty cough she has. but through it all-She just keeps on smilin!!!!! NOt a whimper- She must get that personality from her grandmothers..:)
I don't worry... I know they are well cared for over there. I don't know about you but this grandmother was a "nasty" child....I think Anna gets it from her dad, he was such a good-natured baby. She is always so happy, I didn't hear her cry when they were here. Have a wonderful Christmas, and stay warm!!!
Post a Comment