Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dealing with My Inner Frazzeledness

Back in the saddle again... Err, back in the city.

I think Manny and I must have looked like your typical frazzled New Yorkers before we jetted out of town and into the arms of loving family, sunny weather and the all-around calmer lifestyle that Florida is famous for. 

He returned to work to "Ohh's" and "Ahh's" about how refreshed he looked. He texted me that and I thought to myself, "He must have looked pretty bad before we left!"

Until I walked into Gabe's school and both of his teachers said, "Look how refreshed you all look!" Seems like Gabe and I were taking a few for the team, too. 

I told the assistant director at his school that she looked nice today; I realized I needed to start to let my inner friendliness shine through when I called the school one day and she said, "Oh, Gabe's mom! You sound so nice on the phone." 

Huh? 

I didn't know what to say! So I did damage control: "Well... You know... With getting Gabe together and then carrying the baby in the heavy car seat all over the place, it's a little tough at times!" 

"Yeah," she said. "I could see that..."

So instead of walking in and looking as crazy and defeated as I sometimes feel, I just take a few deep breaths and take my time. Even if I am the first one in and the last to leave... They all seem to like me a little better now!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

What is there not to like...
Glad you had a wonderful time in Florida.

Mom said...

Sounds like it is time to repack the bags and head to Ohio..No mice here..Baby & Sammy only leave the "spleen" to show they were here. :)

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing. Re-pack your bags and head out to Ohio...