Ways to spend Spring Break when you are Gabriel:
(didn't we JUST have a Winter Break?!)
... Go to a 3D movie with your buddies, and then not wear the 3D glasses, leaving the theatre with a headache because you watched a blurry movie for 2 hours. ... Wake up one morning and say, "My mouth hurts. So I need you to make pancakes, Mom."
... Stuff your t-shirt with leftover Easter eggs and exclaim, "Look, Mom! The only thing different between my chest and Mommy's is that mine don't squish!"
... Watch the garbage man from our front stoop while our friend/sitter Kavita looks on and you shout, "Look at that garbage man! Ohhhh mannnn!! I want to be one!" (I can't say much, because in kindergarten I drew a picture of "What I Want To Be When I Grow Up" and it was a garbage girl, hanging off the back of a garbage truck.)
... Become ready for Baby Foods Number 2, since it now takes 4 containers of the Number 1's to fill her up.
... Grimace most days and nights, because she now has FIVE teeth, three on the bottom and two rather large chompers on the front. It's been a painful few weeks, I don't understand why they all decided to sprout up together... We could've used a week or so in between each tooth!
... But love scooting around. She L-O-V-E-S her walker, and is thisclose to crawling. Yesterday we had some belly time and she propped up on her right knee. When her left wouldn't cooperate, her high-pitched shrill came out as I saw what looked like a pep-talk/annoyance/concentration look because she knows once she gets it together, the world is her oyster. Or, our apartment I should say.
Project Mommy for this week: Babyproofing the place and finally opening up her baby book that has yet to be filled out. (Second child syndrome I guess? I had Gabe's filled out by the time he was a month old... I already feel bad, please don't make me feel worse!) Although I do recall a certain family member who doesn't even HAVE a babybook... She was a third child... Has never fully recovered... I bet you can guess who...
Anyway, that's all for us! Happy Spring Breaking!






6 comments:
this is true.. i really havent
i remember one time i actually found it and tried to fill it out myself.. thats house traumatized i was
:-) :-) :-) Stef--your family sure does bring back loads of memories for me! I hear what you're saying about baby books...I was the 6th of 8--& all I have are about 6 pictures of when I was young! But, hey, if Moms had two of 24 hours/1 day, maybe more baby books would have something written inside :-) And we'd be in a heap of trouble without garbage men: just ask anyone who's been to Iraq! Hope you had a Happy Easter :-)
Okay- I am really feeling inadequate right now..My self esteem as a mom has just hit ROCK bottom..Ilsa, do you have any words of encouragement for me?
By the way- those two little ones are just the CUTEST! But thats just me... a very biased Memmie.
Manny is the only one with a "formal" baby book... the others have to rely on my memory for their memories.... Here is my confession !!! Too late now to do anything about it....Get over it !!! So Connie, we should form a club ... HAVE FUN !!! Baby books are overrated anyway :o)
Steph- just like everyone else I am not sure Ashlee got completed. I was so good with Allysa but then it all went down hill. It is even harder now to keep up things for them- thank goodness most are on computer so I can put it on disc for the some day.
Love the pics- they are adorable and the stories make me smile.
Love You!
So, it has been a week, need an Update !!!
Post a Comment