:)
I've been soaking up the last few weeks of summer we have left (countdown to Gabe's first day of pre-school: 2 days) and relaxing a bit. This coming week we head in to overdrive with big work days and school days. I'm 3 weeks into working with a personal trainer and lots of cardio on the days I don't lift, and I have to say, big things are happening! I've lost about 4 pounds, which is a good, steady pace, and I can see my body losing inches. I have 1 more week until the PT and I retake my measurements from when I started so I am getting half-nervous, half-excited about it. The hardest part: no late night snacking. I replace that with lots of water. (Which leads to lots of unfortunate bathroom trips throughout the night, but I look at it positively. At least I'm losing ounces... Yes? Sure......)
Anyway, big things are happening with us! Anna took her first steps (with us holding on to her of course) but she loves cruising all over the house with me or Daddy holding her hands; she is babbling so much now (especially in Mass, much to the dismay of the little old church ladies); she despises the word "No" and has a bit of a temper when we say it; and exhibited what we took as her first public display of jealousy the other morning when Gabe hit his head:
Basic play-by-play is... While I was in the kitchen making breakfast, he ran in, crying, his head hurt (he ran into the wall while looking the other way, and any of you who know Gabe personally are probably not surprised by this) so while Daddy and I hugged him, kissed him, ooohed and awwwwed over his boo-boo, Anna was sitting in her high chair, and, much to her dismay, no one was holding or hugging her, and she Freaked. Out. Once the episode with Gabe was over and he recovered, we went about our business and she calmed down and quit complaining.
It's been amazing to see these emotions coming from Anna, who is really transitioning from our little baby Anna to becoming her own person, and finding what place and role she is defining as herself between Daddy, Mommy and Gabriel.
I remember praying over her in the NICU and asking God to give her a fighting spirit; make her a feisty one and a tough one and above all, a survivor. I also remember slightly chuckling at the words "fighting spirit" and confided to Him in my prayer, "I'll probably regret that in her teen years won't I?'"
But she is feisty, and, in the mornings, when I am changing her diaper and asking her how her sleep was and giving her those early mornin' kisses, Gabe will always walk in a minute too early and ask me for something or take my attention away for a few seconds or sometimes he even comes in just to see her, and she screams and yells. I know it's to let him know "I'm not ready for you yet!" and as he leaves, she calms down, smiles, and laughs.
It's also amazing the love that Gabe has for her, and the kisses she has for him, too. Nothing makes me happier than watching them snuggle together.
So anyway, that's what's happening now... I know it's been a while!!
I played around with the camera this morning before Mass, so here are a few shots of the beautiful babes.
1 comment:
Very nice to hear from you again. Now keep it up. That's an order from DAD. Lots of good news.
Post a Comment