
So I'm watching Ellen this morning and this lady is on giving her beauty tips... They were really good and good to remember for summer time. But what I adored about this lady was that she did all of these things while on the show. Her hair and makeup were all done up but she didn't care. She smashed peaches on her face and blotted her face with a toilet seat cover and while it was really really funny, I think I might try some of this stuff. Especially after toiling outside under the hot sun in the summertime, skin can get super dry. Here are some of her tips:
(I found out her name is Kim Douglass and she wrote some books about 'Hollywood Diet Secrets'... She must be a reliable source, right?)
Ok so here goes:
- Smash fresh peaches and lay them on your face. The moisture will fade sun spots.
- Rub olive oil under your eyes before you go to bed (save your $ and use olive oil instead of expensive eye creams) When you wake up in the morning, your fine lines will be gone.
- Ok so this one is a little.... Weird. Instead of buying expensive oil blotting pads for your face, use the toilet seat covers they have in boxes in public restrooms. "Same material, Save money!" she said. (Good thing I don't use oil blotters.)
- Hair mask: 2 Tblspoons mayo, 2 Tblspoons olive oil, 1 egg white, 1 avocado. Mix it all up, rub it through hair, put on shower cap for 20 minutes. "Your hair will be gorgeous!" she says.
- Use Crisco on elbows, knees and feet. "It's a great moisturizer!"
- Wear a sauna suit while you're working out, it keeps the heat in and releases toxins.
- This one is my favorite: Jumping on a treadmill for 10 minutes is equal to 30 minutes on a treadmill!
Now I am watching The View, where Manny is doing camera and the ladies on the show are fighting over Obama and the Rev. Wright.
Time to go clean...
No comments:
Post a Comment