Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Lil' Of This, A Lil' Of That

I grabbed some Stef-time sans kiddies and hubby when I met up with my good friend Angela this evening... Usually I keep away from Herald Square at all costs, it's too much of everything and just not enough sidewalk for everyone, except that Ang swore by this place called Ayza on W. 31st. I arrived to Ayza expecting a cute bar, and got not just any ol' bar... A WINE and CHOCOLATE bar. A woman's best friend. I may just have to return here every menstrual cycle! It was a great diamond in the rough, except that the cheapest glass of pinot noir (my favorite) was $14. I can assure you I sipped slowly.

This has been a good but busy week... I realize now it's only Tuesday but I feel like it should be Friday already... I apologize for my absence... I had a great God-sequence yesterday when I went to noon Mass not realizing it was the feast day of the Archangels Michael, Gabriel and Rafael. The celebrant was our priest-friend Msgr. Ogle, who is also baptizing Anna on Saturday. (Lord have mercy as I am getting these preparations for it underway!) I always feel a great sense of peace when I hear the story of the Archangel Gabriel and the Hebrew meaning of the name, strength of God. 

On a random note, I came across this fantastic quote today and felt it too good to pass up and not share.

"It is Jesus in fact that you seek when you dream of happiness...
He is waiting for you when nothing else you find satisfies you...
He is the beauty to which you are so attracted...
it is He who provokes you with that thirst for fullness that will not let you settle for compromise...
it is He who urges you to shed the masks of a false life...
it is He who reads in your hearts your most genuine choices, the choices that others try to stifle...
It is Jesus who stirs in you the desire to do something great with your lives...
the will to follow an ideal, the refusal to allow yourselves to be grounded down by mediocrity....
the courage to commit yourselves humbly and patiently to improving yourselves and society...
making the world more human and more fraternal." 
- John Paul II (World Youth Day)

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey, sounds like a great place.
I think Christa and I need to open one of those wine/Chocolate bars here. Our friends alone would keep it in busiess and I bet the wine guru could find some cheaper and good wines to put on the menu.
Hope all goes well this weekend.

Love You...

Unknown said...

Great quote! As I was reading I thought, JP II - World Youth Day... And sure enough. What a great man!!!!

See you in 2 days !!! Total Excitement ...

Anonymous said...

Like to find that place here(with prices like that it better be - hope you got to enjoy some chocolate too). Give that sweet angel a kiss from us - give one to that big boy too. Have a great weekend
Lots of Love to All